Shinohara Cip3 help

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by standard25l, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Chris Vinson

Chris Vinson New Member

Problem solved - it turns out that one of the "black boxes" the Optical RS 232 link was bad. We ended up buying a 50' wire cable to hook directly from the computer to the Press itself and now we have CIP3.

thanks

2. Peppino Di Sante

Peppino Di Sante New Member

Hello to all forum members. I have a problem with the PLC of a 1999 Shinohara 52II printing press. It seems that a part of the software has been deleted. The Italian assistance unfortunately fails to solve the problem. Can anyone help me? Has anyone had any similar software problems with shinohara? How did you do? Any help is appreciated, I would be very grateful. Thank you!
    (I attach some photos)

Attached Files:

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

1) are you sure the software is deleted???

2) The main reasons is software deleted; a) back up battery faulty b) b) RAM cmos circuit Faulty c) or EPROM faulty or erased by accident or intencionally.

3) What mark is the PLC???, since you have 2 options a) ask the software to the company Shinoara to USA, or Japan b) Ask directly to the manufacturer of the company of PLC.

4. Printbandit

Printbandit Member

Hi guys I’m have communication error 24 and 26 on my shinohara 74v cable was broken but I bought a new one. Do I need to to put the console in a mode to begin transferring cip data. What operating system should I run the cip software on I’m using windows 10 and USB to serial adaptor.

5. Printbandit

Printbandit Member

Hey CHOCK -

I have a Shinohara 74v
    I have finally got it connected via serial cable and COM1 attached directly to the press.
    When I try and "transfer" it to the press I get communication error 24, I previously got 26 but now since changing to the correct port its getting error 24 communication error.
    • Is there specific settings for the COM port I need, I have tried different baud rates? and still get error 24
    • The version of CIP station I am using is 1.17? is there another version
    Kind regards

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;
    Attached is there the steps for fix it, this error

Good luck

Happy New Year

Attached Files:

7. Printbandit

Printbandit Member

Hi chock no errors show up in the log
    I’m running windows server 2008 as it’s the only computer with a comm port. Could this be blocking it?

8. Printbandit

Printbandit Member

I forgot to ask do I need a driver for cip station so it knows to send it to the comm port

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi please follow the steps indicate in the schematic, that I did send you previously; yes you need a driver for cip station.

10. Printbandit

Printbandit Member

Ok thanks do you have the driver as I don’t have it.

11. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

I do Not have drivers, Will send you e-mail.

Only The Factory.

Blessing

12. Ryciukas

Ryciukas Member

Hello all!!!
    I suddenly had the same problem on Shinohara 75V. CIP3Station worked fine for 15 years, and suddenly oops - "Error26" and I can't send the ink levels to press :( .I checked all the cables - everything is fine. Everything works fine from the console in manual mode. I replaced the PC with a spare one which also worked fine before, no changes. It seems I've tried everything, I don't have any more thoughts. Any more ideas?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  13. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Strong recommend you, test in TOLERANCE 0.7% up or down. the Regulated Power Supply !!!!

14. Ryciukas

Ryciukas Member

Hello CHOCK, thank you for replay.
    Actually I did not check the power supplies. Because the press works perfectly, all components are free of errors except for CIP3 data transfer.
    Which power supply do you mean? On the feed side, delivery board or console? There are many of them in the press.
    Thanks.

15. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Console.

Blessings

16. Ryciukas

Ryciukas Member

OK, thank you very much. I will check all the power supplies starting with console first thing in the morning tomorrow.
    Also I made a new short cable according to the electrical diagrams of the press, will try it tomorrow and return with results.

17. Ryciukas

Ryciukas Member

Hello everyone.
    Problem solved, more details below.

Although I had no doubt that all the power supplies were really good, for some reason I checked a few, and their voltages were exactly within the norm. Then I took the short cable I made and brought a third computer that I hadn't connected to the CIP3 before and connected it with my cable. And everything worked, CIP3 worked great. After checking the two previously used computers using the "com port loop-back test" it turned out that all the com ports of both were burnt, but how and from what happened is still a puzzle to me. I suspected the cable earlier, but found nothing wrong with it.
    So we pulled out the old cable from amour and inserted the new one, soldered the new connectors and I plugged it in an old computer with a burnt com port, but I connected via USB using the Prolific USB2Serial adapter and it showed up as COM3. But CIP3 did not worked, showed an error "unable to open port". Then I realized that during installation, CIP3 attaches itself to a first free com port, and tries to connect to it if it is not busy. Then I disabled all onboard com ports and changed the new COM3 (USB) to COM1. And everything started working fine as before, no more problems.
    I still don't understand what happened to that cable and how the com ports got burnt. Those ports appear good in BIOS and Windows Hardware Manager, but in reality they are bad.
    IMPORTANT. It should be kept in mind that that "serial" cable is not an ordinary purchased serial DB9 cable, but a special one, its scheme is in the wiring catalog. When connected with a simple purchased cable, it will not work.
    Well, this kind of experience might be useful to someone.
    Best wishes. ;)

Martin Mueller likes this.
  18. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Great Sir, sorry for my delay , My wife Died yesterday and was the burial. :(

However, the glitches, Noises,and others in the Network, they can NOT detect it, unless you have special tool installed for prevent that situation.

Electrical/Electronic, has common denominator called; in Electronic Engineering; Transisory Phenomenon!!!!

Blessing.

19. Ryciukas

Ryciukas Member

I am very sorry for your loss ...... wish you to be strong.

20. Danyrton

Danyrton Member

Good evening, what software do you use to generate the sip3 file?

Thanks