Worst Press Ever Made?

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by RichardK, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Used to have a nice Harris it ran awesome and it was sheetfed wide format loved it but had to get rid of it because of its size. far to large to move to our new building which is small.

2. alibryan

alibryan Senior Member

Back in the day, Davidsons were good machines for being duplicators. I used to have a Davidson 600 (single color, 13x18 I think) in my garage and would print really nice 4-color process on it all the time. Push guide, 2 to 1 plate to blanket cylinder ratio and upside down feeding did take awhile to get used to, but once you did the quality it was capable of was pretty remarkable.

ATF/Chief and Davidson would later merge to form one company before finally disappearing into the sunset like all the other American Press companies did (MultiGraphics, ABDick, etc.).

3. jonprintz

jonprintz Member

I have nothing but nice thoughts about a Davidson 701 that I ran for a year back in the late 1980's. It did everything that it was asked to do at a high level. Great registration no matter what the stock.

4. Tlang

Tlang Member

Old Color King web press. Enough said.

Gerald Reihl likes this.
  5. Raf77

Raf77 Senior Member

Adast Dominant - what a piece of s...t:D (there was the one called Romayor as well - looks like a big pasta maker machine:D)

Ryobi 3302 - wtf is that??? Maybe not so bad for envelopes but real disaster for printing anything that requires better quality than toilet paper;)

****'o'hara - we've had one in late 90's which was pretty old and knackered. Struggling with achieving saleable products on it. Causes a few printers tried to commit suicide in the toilet:D:D:D

6. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Crabtree