Xerox Phaser 7800 black prints brown NOT Toner

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Wade Harris, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Wade Harris

Wade Harris New Member

When I go to print anything, from different programs (Word, BlueBeam PDF, AutoCad, etc.) all of my black or grey items come out as brown. I was thinking that my driver CYMK settings are messed up, but I have updated my drivers to the most current available and still it prints brown. Others in my office, with the same settings and updated drivers, can still print black. This just started happening. My "IT" support is not finding any solutions either.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on Windows 7 Professional. Printing on a Xerox Phaser 7800DX. Below are some screen caps of my Print Properties.

ScreenHunter_374 Jul. 12 10.01.jpg

ScreenHunter_373 Jul. 12 10.01.jpg

ScreenHunter_374 Jul. 12 10.10.jpg

ScreenHunter_374 Jul. 12 10.13.jpg

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Most likely due to black being printed as composite of CMYK rather then k. Try switching to a different driver like to PS. .You can simply look what other drivers are available besides the kind you have installed and try that to see the difference.

3. I Gen

I Gen New Member

Also on your last screenshot it says black and white disabled, could this have been the problem?