Xerox 7750 registration issue and alternative machine

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by MattOz, Jun 18, 2009.

1. MattOz

MattOz Member

Hi,

We currently use a Xerox 7750 in our copy shop - printing flyers, business cards, photo books etc. However, I find the front to back registration can be off or take some time to get to an acceptable level. In addition, the prints can sometimes have skew, with the margin being out at the bottom of the page by 2-3mm. Is this an issue with this particular machine and if so what replacement would anybody recommend?

Xerox has recommended the 5065, 6075 or 7000 model machines. I have also read about a new Phaser 7500 that can feed SRA3 from all trays, prints up to 280gsm, but it is a LED printer. There is also the option of Konica Minolta, Xante Illumina or Intec digital printers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

I have not heard much about the new small phaser, but I would be quite surprised if it offers perfect registration.

I think registration is the one thing that is only great once you get to the $70,000 mark with xerox. Under that and registration is one thing takes a bit of patience and persistence to get right on, and still front to back and skew are limitations.

I believe the KM offers very good registration on the 5501 and 6501, but at the price of only being able to print flat. I really like the xerox option of printing on gloss stock.

The Xante has great paper handing, but the price per print is out of sight with xante toner. I'd like to have an illumina for printing really heavy covers and postcards (16pt+) but I wouldn't use it for anything lighter than 12 pt because the xerox can print nicer output (to my eye at least) and print it for 1/4 the price per print.