Xerox 700i vs Canon C700VP- which is better?

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by Legacy, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Trying to decide between the Xerox 700i and the Canon C7000VP. I work for a school district and we are in the process of bringing all of our printing needs in house. We will roughly print 15k to 20k items/month; post cards, business cards, brochures, fliers, etc. We will also be using the machine for many other marketing strategies such as school calendars, bumper stickers, magnets etc.

We had an extensive demo on the Xerox 700i and were impressed; we spoke with Canon and a few concerns came up about speed and over all production.

Any feedback would be appreciated...need to make final decision within the next few days.

2. Joe Duffy

Joe Duffy Senior Member

You should also look at the KM C7000 and the Ricoh 751... both are better performers than the 700i on color and registration.
    I like the 7010 CAnon but they do require alot of love to keep running.

3. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Thank you for your input.

4. colli360

colli360 Member

we have be using the K/M c7000 for about 9 months now. Love it. I tested the xerox 700 and the K/M c7000 and to me K/M won hands down. Better fine line prints, back to back registation and can handle a varity of media that xerox just can not match.

5. Xentair

Xentair Member

6. kingpd@businessprints.net

kingpd@businessprints.net Senior Member

curious what you went with.

7. Ben Printing

Ben Printing Member

I am also curious to know what you went with and in my experience I would have to pick the K/M, it just seems to have more versatility and a better track record for excellence. We use both K'M and Xerox in our business and they each have their own perks, so I won't say that either done is better, but for the tasks you listed above I think the K/M is the way to go.

Let me know what you pick and how you are liking it!

8. colli360

colli360 Member

I have been using the K/M BH 1051 and the c7000 for about a year now. And they have proving to be work horses.
    Both are solid machines. Very little down time and the service has been ok. When I order supplies it thats about a week to get them. I just have to plan on that. The people I deal with at K/M, not the service guys, could be better. All and all I'm glad we went with K/M. The last xerox machines we had (252 and 4595) could not come close to these machines.