Xerox 550

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by digitalgrafics, Mar 10, 2013.

1. digitalgrafics

digitalgrafics Member

I am currently considering purchasing a XEROX 550 for our printing operation. The local dealer has quoted me $33,500 US which seems extremely expensive versus a refurbished unit with under 50K prints for $12,000 US from the US. Can anyone advise what the right new price for a 550 is?

The dealer also tells me that the machine has a chip sensor which restricts use only on consumables purchased in the region of the sensor of the machine. Is that true?

Thanks

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Not sure about the pricing but the "chip" is used to detect what consumables are used ie: If you have a machine contract that doesn't have consumables included in the price, if you insert a contract consumable into the machine it will know and not work. You would have to use the paid for units If you have a contract that includes consumables it will let you use the paid for units and the unpaid for units. It willl also detect what region the consumables are sold to ie Japan, Europe Northern America etc as each country has it's own pricing structures etc It will also detect third party toners etc. The chip also monitors the life of the units, the type (correct colour toner so you can't insert the wrong one).

HTH

--
    Mark

3. RobertABD

RobertABD Member

Hi digitalgrafics,

Please let me know if you are still looking for a Xerox 550 machine. We recently sold 8 Xerox 550/560 this week.

And we have Xerox 560 with less than 100k copies that comes with fiery and finisher and we ship to Mexico, Canada, and internationally at great prices!

Please PM me if you are interested.

**Copier will be coming from California.

I am here to help.

Thanks,
    Robert
    714-784-4970
    robert.abdoffice@gmail.com

4. InterfacePrinters

InterfacePrinters New Member