Xerox 1000 Problems

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by Seenivasagam, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Seenivasagam

Seenivasagam Member

hi friends

if anyone needs to solve the problem xerox 1000 please contact me.

2. flangmasterj

flangmasterj Member

Yeah if you have a solution to this problem you'll be the king of all printing forums.

Is there any way to get pre-printed offset stock running through the 1000 without constant offset dust build up on the tray feed wheels?

We mainly print variable data, salutations, addresses etc. on pre-printed stock. Right now the only machine capable of printing this black and white job is our Nuvera. The iGen 150's can't stack this 90gsm legal length stock properly so I'm down to one Nuvera. The 1000 prints on the stock fine but since it is friction fed the wheels get caked in powder then misfeed's after 50 sheets or so.

If you have a solution to this I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.

3. SPRINTING

SPRINTING New Member

Little late on this one

We have had this problem in the past. I don't know where if you guys are printing the pieces in house on offset before they go to the digital press like we do or getting them from another printer...

Either way, I have our pressman feed the sheets through their press again when they are done with the spray powder off and they run fine. The sheets need to be dusted. It may be a pain to run them through the offset press again but it's the only thing that has worked for me on our Xerox 1000.

4. DIRK1966

DIRK1966 Member

Hello,
    We have a problem with fault Code 77-119. It began when printing thin stock, having Paper Jams every 50-100 sheets. Stock with 250-300g/sqm ran without Problems. Since Yesterday thin stock jams constantly every 5-7 sheets and thicker Stock also jams.
    I discovered, that it is a Problem at the Decurler Exit Sensor, where the sheets are too late.
    We replaced the Cooling Belts, the penetration-Roller at the Decurler, cleaned the complete Paper-Path, tried nearly every Stock in the Company. Nothing helped. Are there any other Ideas to get rid of the Problem?

Thanks in advice
    Dirk

5. SPRINTING

SPRINTING New Member

In my notes for this error code I have "Clean sensor ahead and after fuser" There are two sensors on the fuser. The one leading into the sensor is easy to see. The one leading out is underneath that clear cover. Try giving those a cleaning. If that doesn't work I would take a look at the fuser itself and make sure it's not dirty.

6. DIRK1966

DIRK1966 Member

I cleaned all sensors in the area from Fuser to finisher, but nothing changed. i called a service technician which will arrive tomorrow. I hope he can find something.

7. DIRK1966

DIRK1966 Member

Hello Again,
    After Cleaning Paper-Path and Sensors, I hoped to get it working, when I do the complete Fuser-Service (New Pressure Roll, New Fuser Belt, cleaning the complete Fuser) and new Cooling-Belts (with cleaning the complete Station) but it did not work, and the Technician did not show up... Why are we paying for a Service-Contract, when we have to wait for 3 Days, before a Technician calls and tells us, when he will come... :-(

8. DIRK1966

DIRK1966 Member

Now we got the solution: It was the "Gearbox (?)" of the Cooling-unit. it sometimes stoppped for a piece of a second. After replacing it, all prints normal. additioinaly we replaces the Nylon-Belts after the Fuser, the were worn down, but not the reason.