Workflow for finishing with a Duplo DC-645

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Pr0cess0r, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Pr0cess0r

Pr0cess0r Member

Hello, im now to the digital printing business. Whe are a small pvc card shop. Whe bought a KM C3070 to print in house and have more control on rush job.

In the best world i would only do this on the machine and keep it simple but my boss want to offer business card flyers and menu to our customers.

Since i will do it all and wanted something simple to use with my lack of experience i think the Duplo machine is a perfect to begin with.

The KM come with ic-314 running Creo color server.

I the finisfini setting i can select the dc-645 and it will add bar code and registration mark.

What i dont know is how this new template that is best fit or manual imposition is transferred to the dc-645?? Or is it possible to import all the imposition template from the dc-645 job creation software to the creo?

Is there any software with the dc-645 to do imposition and export to pdf?

Also whe buy a dc-645 yo begin because of price and need.

Thank you for your help.

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

3. Pr0cess0r

Pr0cess0r Member

Im going to graphic canada tomowtom and will forward and more information i guess. I think what i need is a good imposition software. As for the machine i found a good deal in canada but its used and have no warranty i must find if i can get a service contract for it.

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

I don't think that just imposition software will do the trick. I think what you getting as far as Duplo software is somewhat imposition software that you create the template in, use it to drop in your images and print out of it. what happens is - that software will generate and print barcode at the spot where machine can read it and set itself up according to task programmed by template creator, i.e. where to cut/slit/perf. If you don't need to change jobs too often, you can program and save number of jobs in to machine , then generic imposition software will do but you'd need to adjust with the machine VIA trial and error.

5. Pr0cess0r

Pr0cess0r Member

I was under the impression that there was a way to impose and it export the template to cut it and add a corresponding bar code so i just have to impose in fiery print and put in the duplo but now i know its not like this. I can make template in the duplo software and then make imposition yo match it. By they i gogot a brand new dc-616 pro it will do for us and got a good price at the Graphic canada show.

6. jwheeler

jwheeler Senior Member

I ran a DC-616 Pro for years. I would make my imposition in Impose, then create the template in the Duplo software. Make sure you're using the PC software that it came with and not doing it on the tiny 2" screen on the machine. It's much faster/easier this way. I also suggest not using the barcode reader. It slows it down significantly because it reads each sheet. Just save your impose templates with the same number as on the Duplo and it will be easy to match up and load the job profile each time.