Witch 2 colours offset press to choose.

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Rachidd, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Rachidd

Rachidd New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie in the in the printing manufacturing, I am about to start new business in this field and I am getting really confused about choosing a second hand 2 colours offset press.

I am seeking your advice to tell me the best press regarding these criteria: price, reliable, printing quality, speed and spare parts availibility.

I have seen some presses that have more than 30 years old; does it mean that they’re not out of date?

Thanks.

2. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

It depends on whether or not your going to be doing short or long run 2 color because a small offset with a t head would do short runs great but for a longer run try a ab dick 9985 or a ryobi 3302. I run both a AB Dick 9985 which is awesome for those longer runs but i also run a AB Dick 9840 with a T head for short runs or two color env. and it does great and that press is from '84

3. seidl wolfgang

seidl wolfgang New Member

was willst du denn drucken, welche art von papier usw...
    wenn du möchtest, bin ehem. heidelberg techniker, kann ich gerne beraten u verläßlich gute u passene maschine finden
    mfg

4. rossio

rossio Senior Member

Mei Wolferl, i woar der Meinung dass in Vienna ausser weanerisch nur noch english parliert werd;)
    ...mit hochdeutsch bist hier foilsch, try it in english.

Servas
    da Rossio

5. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

You could have a look at the Heidelberg Quickmaster 46 / Printmaster 46, depending on your budget. A relaiable machine and spares that are easy to get hold of.

Regards.

6. seidl wolfgang

seidl wolfgang New Member

hy, wer bist denn du?
    Kenne wir uns?
    mfg

7. rossio

rossio Senior Member

Sorry MrHeidelberg, but I can´t sign that. As former owner of Qm46/2 I got other experiences.
    I could´nt recommend that press for a beginner in Africa. For my opinion too much electronic. If a board get trouble he is literally in the desert. Guess a GTO, MO or SOMRZ could be a better choice. Even a japs could be more reliable.
    Regards

8. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

What type of printing are you looking to do? 1-2 color or 4 color? And what type of volume? If your doing small volume LH, BC and Env's 1 or 2 color a older AB Dick, Multi or Hamada in a inexpensive choice. Models that are pre speed invertor controled use 110W power. The Ryobi 3302 or comparable AB Dick or Itek models (same press different covers) also a very nice small press. From small A2 envelopes to 12x18 it runs them all. But more electronics to deal with. There's also the newer 4 color digital versions which really run well. If your looking at higher volume sheetfed only you'd want something 17x22"+ where you can run 11x17" 2 up work and turn. But at a higher cost as well. Nothing wrong with a 30+ year old press long as it's in good shape and been taken care of. GTO or Komori L20's are nice but with 14x20" sheet size sometimes a drawback on volume unless 8.5x14" volume work 2 up is done. They do beautiful work though. I ran a 5/C Komori L20 for 7 years. Nice little press and pretty reliable. But some $750k+ new a bit expensive. So you really need to decide which market you want to jump into. You don't want to get over your head.