Which machine is better

Discussion in 'KBA Printing Presses' started by leridis@otenet.gr, Feb 12, 2014.

1. leridis@otenet.gr

leridis@otenet.gr New Member

Hi, I 'm going to buy a printing machine 74-5 or 74-4+L. My budjet is about 160000 euro and after my research I have found some machines. Compare to my budjet I can buy a KBA rapida year 2002-2003 or a Heidelberg 1999. Could somebody advice me which one I must choose. Also does anybody know the difference between rapida and performa and the difference between rapida 74-5 and 75-5.
    Also somebody told me to buy only a straight machine. Is he true?

Thanks in advance

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

if you have any use for a perfector , it is OK to buy one , but the HD perfectors must be well checked as could cost a sum to fix if needed.
    KBA's are good presses with good quality printing , but not liked on the 2nd hand market , hence low prices.
    HD 74 are good , but not as good as the older 72's or the 102 type.
    I would noit jump to put my money on an older KBA , could be painfull.
    Why not add a Komori in to your check list ? good presses at reasonable prices and good result for your $$$
    Need help ?

3. Bill Borcicky

Bill Borcicky Senior Member

I have to agree with Meny , I have run Komori for a long time. They are very dependable. Even the older Komori Kony presses seem to be able to keep running till they are slap wore out. I would definitely take a long look into the Komori brand if possible.