Which card is bad??

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by kristianeyman, Oct 28, 2011.

1. kristianeyman

kristianeyman Senior Member

I have a problem with my press storing ink values. I have had a di tech come out and look at the rip, re-install the software and look at the cpc rack. None of what he did resolved the problem, and his thoughts are that the solution lies within changing one of the cards in the rack. This is where the question come into play, is there a way to diagnose each individual card or do I just have to buy all three and check them each? I do have the ability to manually adjust and store the stroke and individual keys per color, but if I try to store all four color at one time the screen freezes up? Does anyone have experience with this type of problem on their press? Is any one of the three cards solely responsible for the function of saving the ink values? I appreciate all the help as many of you have given me suggestions on getting my press running again. It's been a process TLC (time,labor,CASH) but I am almost 100% just need this last part o the puzzle. As always i will post my finding to hopefully help others in the future. K

2. Marc Bremer

Marc Bremer Senior Member

What I can remember a 6 years ago I also had problems with inkzone control after adjusting system hang up. I solved it by cleaning all the pcb's goldcontacts with a piece of pencil eraser until the where shiny again ( PCB's installed in the EISA BUS on the pc )

3. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

Marc is correct. Sometimes reseating the boards establishes a better connection.

4. kristianeyman

i have 3 boards coming to me today, i will keep yall posted as to what come of it! K

5. kristianeyman

Ok, so I replaced the mwe board. The press will save all four ink key settings and stroke at one time now, if set manually. Got jobs to do today, so that will be the real test I think? Will let you know. K