Which Business Card Cutter/Slitter should I buy: Formax or Duplo?

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Advantageci, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Advantageci

Advantageci New Member

I need some advice as to which slitter I should buy, as this is a expensive purchase and I don't want to have any regrets.
    I run a 2 man operation offering visual communication services, including digital printing and copy services.
    I find that cutting business cards can be quite consuming using my Challenger Spartan cutter.
    My question is: Will purchasing a Formax FD 120 or Duplo C288, free me up, and will these machines really give me professional, accurate cut business cards every time?
    Also does anyone have any "hands-on" experience using these type of machines, and how reliable are they (as servicing will be a major hassle and expense) as I am far away from any dealers?

Thank you in advance.

2. Ron G

Ron G Member

I have the Duplo DC-645 machine and it does work very well and will also
    slit/score/cut
    will it free up you time ? in my opinion maybe because you load say 100 sheets in it and
    walk away after of course you look to make sure you are cutting ok, but you have to set it up
    I can set up a 24 up card and send it to the machine in about 4 min and then let it run
    then you have to stack em up and put in boxes, I can go to my pro cut 26" cutter and cut
    all those cards in about 5 min. I don't have any miss feed problems or jamming, if it was me
    I would use your cutter and save your money in less you do a bunch of cards. JMO

3. siraj

siraj Member

I'm using duplo dc 645 Slitter/creaser. i need the software for that machine. if anybody can help pls send it through siraj@zeejprint.com. I'm getting communication error(003) whenever im connecting the machine with my pc. if any help it would be great help.

4. seagull

seagull Member

003?? Do you have the drivers from the CD loaded into your computer correctly. Check/change the communication cable from the machine to the computer. Not over 10' long. If your versions of machine software and PC computer software are too far off it wont communicate either.

5. siraj

siraj Member

thank you Mr.seagull, no the cable length is only 5' long, and one more thing i don't have the CD, i just downloaded from the internet, because the system loaded with this machine software is corrupted and the CD also missing. I'm not able to solve this issue. please help regard this.

6. seagull

seagull Member

Never heard of the machine software being corrupted. Have you tried to contact Duplo in either the USA or UK??

7. siraj

siraj Member

yeah, i have contacted them but no reply.

8. simon weber

simon weber New Member

The usb controller is part of the main board !this may be damaged ! Does the PC recognise the card cutter when plugged in ?