What's a really good 1 color press with roller coaster volume?

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by kingpd@businessprints.net, Jul 7, 2012.

1. kingpd@businessprints.net

kingpd@businessprints.net Senior Member

Looking for info on a really good 1 color press that's cheap and easy to operate with excellent quality.

I have a situation where the press would need to be "ok" sitting for a few days or weeks at a time idle (at least initially) but in a short time would need to pump out a few hundred thousand images in just a few days time.

I've been using several different digital equipment and some duplicators here and there and my cost is VERY low per page but could probably be lower with the press. The killer is I'm going through coronas and charge units left and right.

And I can't really afford the big boy presses for this work at this time plus it's 1 color...could do 2 color maybe...

2. plotter

plotter Senior Member

for a duplicator i love ab dicks. no side lay just a straight paper path, no good for high registration jobs really but ive ran 2 colour jobs through it with decent results on logos with minimal registration where a little play doesnt matter. easiest press to set up and use. you could always get one with a t head on it though, although ive never used one. they dont mind being left up as long as they are cleaned up first.
    for a proper press i would look at a hamada or a ryobi for volume. The print output depends on the artwork on the plate or film to start with, rubbish in-rubbish out...

3. kingpd@businessprints.net

kingpd@businessprints.net Senior Member

Some people on printplanet were recommending ryobi 3302 but not abdick...I was under the impression that an Abdick 360 model would be fine for b/w.

Does the Abdick use the same types of plates and inks that other presses do?

No one has mentioned hamada. what models and years would you recommend?

4. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

The 3302 is the same as the ab dick 9985 great press. Would never really recommend Hamada for small offset. Most Ab dicks use a 13 by 19 pin bar plate, oil based inks run well on both ryobi and ab dick but heard the soy inks run just as well. I have found the people on print planet aren't very educated in offset printing. The AB Dick 9800 series is really simple to operate and maintain I have a 9840 that sits idle for a week or so every once in awhile and does great when started back up. You can find these pretty cheap only a couple grand.

5. Aprint Avist

Aprint Avist Member

Hamad a RS34 or VS34 or E47 are as good as Ryobi 3302 or Ab Dick 9800. I have a B52 and it is running great comparing to other machines.