What Can I Use to Drive a Xerox 260?

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by homeboy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. homeboy

homeboy Member

I bought a used Xerox 260 with FreeFlow. It worked fine until the software license expired. (Never happened on previous machines with Fiery.) Xerox says I have to buy a software license that costs $3750. I'm keeping my eye out on eBay for a Fiery. Can I use any Fiery or just one that was connected to a 260? Any other alternatives to the FreeFlow? Perhaps software I can run on my regular PC? I don't need all the fancy FreeFlow features. I can even live without the finisher since I'm dead in the water. I just need to be able to send routine 8.5x11 and 11x17 jobs from InDesign to the 260 for printing.

2. adriansto

adriansto Senior Member

Pick a Fiery or Creo for DC260. Anything dont working !

3. JulieO

JulieO Member

An idea - call your local Xerox sales person, they might be able to find you a "demo unit" Fiery or Creo at very low price, could be financed through Xerox also. Since these are for mchines that Xerox is not selling as new anymore, the price is very good. Tell them to check the demo unit list - I know there are units available.