Web-to-Print A Dynamic Business Enabler

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by onprintshop, May 6, 2012.

1. onprintshop

onprintshop Member

The printing industry is poised at the threshold of dawn of a new era – web2print. The convergence of Internet and consumer market has given rise to interesting business models for various industries. Print industry is no exception to this. Printers and designers are exploring web2print possibilities like never before. So what is it that is attracting print service providers to this technology like moth to flame?

Let’s examine.

2. jameswaugh8

jameswaugh8 Member

3. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member

Onprintshop and Radix are one-in-the-same company ...

We've now hired another company and just discovered about 5 minutes ago that Radix not only added trackers to their code, but the information they are tracking would land them in very hot water if they were located in North America. For example, they receive complete customer information of every order -- and that means they get the total amount ordered (dollar amount), the email address of the customer, the phone number, the physical address, etc.

If that's not enough to scare you away from Radix ...

I will make this my mission to warn people.

The kind of information they are (were) tracking would make it impossible to become PCI compliant.

It makes me sick to think they have a year's worth of customer information from us, and I'll bet they are selling
    those email addresses and perhaps other information, too.

So you get what you pay for, and in Radix' case, you get way more than you bargained, and so does your customer-base!

4. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Where exactly was your customer information being sent? Is it possible it was some kind of testing/debugging code that was accidentally left enabled?

5. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member

Customer data (and ordering information including payment details) were being sent to Radix/Onprintshop.

The testing ending December, 2011, so I'd like to think that if they were honest and were receiving customer order history a year later, they would have stopped it a long time ago.

I frankly think that's their business practice: they hook us small shops with low cost-to-entry fees and then steal our data.

The kind of data being sent to Radix is never the kind of data you'd expect to see being sent to a 3rd party developer: why on earth would they need the customer's email address or their physical address or the amount they paid or how they paid? We have our own merchant account and with this Web2Print app by Radix started using eSelectPlus where payment information was being sent to them directly rather than us.

What's frightening is that if we were collecting credit card information directly through our site, Radix would also get a copy of it.

Last night I went through the proposal Radix sent me last November (2011) and checked all the sites they used for references and only 2 of them are still active (in all fairness, a few of the Eastern European sites I didn't check) -- I was always suspicious about a few of the sites because they looked like they were somehow related to Radix and now I think I was right all along.

6. web2printsolution

web2printsolution Member

are you still interesting in Online Designer and Web2Print solution?

7. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member

8. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Is there Web-to-Print solution from Ukraine? дуже цiкаво :) зв'яжiться з нами будьласка.
    Roman.

9. web2printsolution

web2printsolution Member

by some reason I cannot send you a private message. (I notified admins about this but unfortunately no answer....)
    So please write me your email or some IM to web2printsolution@gmail.com
    Дуже приємно навiть тут зустрiти земляка

10. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

Hi web2printsolution -- as posted in the FAQ, the private message system is available to registered members and is activated for each forum account the day after you've made 5 posts to the public forum. The delay involved is to prevent spammers from signing up and abusing the private message system.

11. onprintshop

onprintshop Member

We are shocked to learn for first time that your client data is being transmitted to unauthorized people. We are keen to investigate and solve serious issue, but being anonymous review, we will need your website name, contact information and details of actual incidence. We understand the feeling of insecurity can be very frustrating.

Further, take opportunity to share Radix has been providing IT solutions to clients worldwide for 13 plus years, we attribute our growth and success to our highest level of integrity and honesty towards our clients. OnPrintshop is our flagship solution, we are supporting 300 plus clients for over 7 plus years, have integrated one of the most stable PDF engines to generate high resolution print ready files. We have been exhibiting at Drupa 2012 (Germany), Graph Expo 11/12 (Chicago, USA), CEBIT Germany (10/11/12), Cebit Australia 12, and our clients and partners have recognized us as highly user friendly, flexible and affordable solution.

Moreover, our solution is covered with Legal Agreement & which clearly covers protection of your data & assets. Our core competency is technology and as a company we have no motive to capture customer’s data / information specially when company is constantly evolving solution, putting up serious investments in development, branding & marketing to expand globally.

We strongly believe that we only grow when our clients grow.