Water rubber roller damage in Roland 300

Discussion in 'Man Roland Printing Presses' started by printer55, Jun 8, 2022.

1. printer55

printer55 Member

Hello guys.

Any idea why rubber rollers in the water unit are "ripping" off?

It is like the roller had stopped turning at some point but the other rollers not.

Any ideas?

(the machine stopped at one point when the water overflowed (too much) in the yellow unit - causing the machine to stop but no error on the controller)

2. Mehanka Abortmaher

Mehanka Abortmaher Senior Member

Take a photo and video, save to Google disck, add a link to the message. It is very difficult to understand your problem.

3. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Have you unintentionally dropped down your dampeners with an empty water pan?

4. Mehanka Abortmaher

Mehanka Abortmaher Senior Member

I saw Roland only from the outside, working 18 years ago. Now I work with KBA, the moisture level of which is controlled by ultrasonic sensors, Ryobi has an electric contact system for monitoring the presence of water, machines do not start without water. Also worked with Baldwin spray humidifier.
    Overfilling can be caused by fungus, scraps of paper, other blockage of the water drain or failure of the ejector system for pumping water (Ryobi), and there have been cases of clogging of plastic gears (KBA) with sheared teeth. Therefore, I asked for photos of your malfunction in order to better understand your problem.

5. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

The older Rolands had a electric contact sensor that we would remove from the pan and close the circuit on a bolt connected to the Rolandmatic systemic order to drain the pans during wash-up. If you forgot to re install the sensor before starting up the press again, you would not get the alarm to warn you that the water tray was dry!!!