Water in My Ink train

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Brent, Nov 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Brent

Brent New Member

Hello, I hope somone can help me I have a QM-46-2 press, I run Poly Plates.
    My problem is that no matter what type of ink or fountain solution I use I have water being carried back to my ink and my paper will curl. I have reset the ink and damp rollers numours times, and I run the damp at a 1 or 2 (1 being the lowest amount of water) my fountain solution mix is lower than the suggested mix and that does not help.
    Thank You to anyone who tries to help.

2. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Id imagine it can only be the setting of the dampening rollers that is causing it. Are they all set to the correct strip widths.

3. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Polyester plates do tend to run wetter than metal plates and can have the associated problems.....it is possable to get a different metering roller because of this issue, especially if you have tried many different types of fount solution and done all roller settings.

Regards.

4. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

I checked with our Technical Helpdesk concerning this problem, the response is below:

"On the customers that I did talk too about this issue it was related to the installation of 3rd party rollers that did not meet the correct shore hardness or the rubber compound did not have the correct Hydrophilic characteristics for the QM46 damper. Normally in this case if we replace the water rollers with OEM parts the issue would be resolved."

If you would like more assistance in this matter you can call 800-437-7388.

5. Lyle Davies

Lyle Davies Member

Does the QM have roller blowers as per SM presses, ifso try them on.