Urgent: SHEET TOO LATE problem

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by QMDavor, Jun 1, 2014.

1. QMDavor

QMDavor QM DI press operator

Hello dear friends !
    I have one problem and don't know how to resolve it.
    If you look on the next image you will find what it is about.
    I looking for way how to "cheat" a sensor which makes my press stops.
    Please look at the image, there is completely explanation what I am talking about.
    Thanks on any suggestion !!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Bill Borcicky

Bill Borcicky Senior Member

Feeding from the two pointed ends will create a problem if you adjust the travel to a larger bite, the points will likely fold over. feeding from the other end as you noted have no bite on the grippers. My only suggestion would be (depending on coverage) to feed from the end with no points. I would try to move your stock over to one side and resend a file to your press with the image over to one side. this would get a bite on your stock and "possibly ???" enable you to feed it through your press. I would slow the press to it's slowest speed to prevent it from pulling out of the gripper. NOTE **** I only suggest this if you have minimal coverage . I would NOT try this if you have large solids due to sticking to the blanket and getting pulled into your rollers.

Your best option would have been to print before die cutting, I do know that in printing you not always have good options sometimes. You must deal with what you have.

Good Luck ! a different press would be a great choice for this project.

3. QMDavor

QMDavor QM DI press operator

Thanks Bill for the reply ! This morning I move sheet to the left a bit and sheet travels under sensor. Everything running well (without printing).
    Now, the new problem is that only one delivery gripper takes sheet out of cylinder. I need to print the whole sheet (100% coverage) and probably only one delivery gripper finger will not be strong enough to pull sheet out correctly.