trouble running 13 mill matte polyester 12x18

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by swifty, Aug 10, 2011.

1. swifty

swifty Senior Member

I am having trouble getting this stock through our igen 4. We get tray Miss feeds,jams going into the fuser and when it does make it out the job has deletions.Run the same job on 14pt kromecoat and its perfect.Any tips or trick would helpfull thanks

2. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

Hi Swifty,

I'm guessing you've created a custom stock for this substrate type. Have you adjusted your Subsystem Attributes, specifically Transfer A & B, for both sides?

3. swifty

swifty Senior Member

Yes, but my numbers did not want to work LOL.I got some numbers from the manufacturer and the test sheets came out ok
    Detack 0
    transfer A at 100 B at 90

we will find out how well it works when we go to production with it!

4. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

You may also try the setting from the nearest-in-type Xerox stock. For instance the Xerox Poly Paper 11mil. It has the following settings

SIDE 1 SIDE 2
    Detack 0 0
    Transfer A 120 100
    Transfer B 120 100

I often times have to follow the CMM instructions for the "snow" artifact by adjusting the transfer settings by 10+/-.
    Good luck. Let us know the outcome!

5. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

I often have to toggle the feeder NVM 12509 (Lower Tray MultiFeed Detected FltByp) when running this stuff.

I think the stopping at the fuser is due to a missfeed. IDK about the deletions.

6. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

That's a great point Stiv, about the feeder NVM. In some cases I'll just pop the spring off on 2 of the 3 black wheels in feeder area 3 if the stock is really giving me feeding problems.

I'd put my money on the deletions over the fact that the stock is polyester. Its just a matter of finding the right transfer A & B values for the media.

Best of luck!

7. swifty

swifty Senior Member

We got it running very nicely at the 180/90 settings.We let the paper sit for 24 hrs and that cured the misfeeds.The deletion turned out to be a small dent in the top dozen or so sheets.

8. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

Awesome. Thanks for the update!

9. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

I HATE deletions caused by dents in paper.

Is the iGen one of the only pieces of digital equipment that cause artifacts due to minor dents in the stock? It is annoying.

10. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

Xerox should have a heat roll before the PR Belt to smooth out the media. lol

11. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

Sometimes just kickin' it into Transfer Overdrive will fix this too. But yeah, darn those dents!

12. swifty

swifty Senior Member

#$%^&* starting to hate this stock!!!Have been running this stock now fairly regular. Today, the quality on this stock is *****!!! vertical lines going through the solids,If we print the same job on any other stock the job prints fine!! For giggles we tuned up the igen...new wire mods,grids,pr belt,checked fuser pressure,cleaned sensors ,....etc etc ,calibrated and ran the color check,humidity is at 45%...still lines and crap quality on this stock :(