Thermography printing

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Newbie, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Newbie

Newbie Member

I'm pretty new to actual printing presses. I have a printing company that outsources most of our jobs. I'm looking to start my own print place to do the printing myself.

I'm specifically looking to start with Thermography Printing and I was wondering if anyone in this forum does that.

I would very much appreciate if someone could guide as to what machines to be looking for and price ranges.

2. shotski

shotski Member

It all depends on your volume. To start you may want to get a table top. They are much cheaper but the disadvantage is that you can only do 50 to 100 sheets at a time because the ink will start to dry.

3. Newbie

Newbie Member

thanks, but i need to run up to 1000 at a time.

4. shotski

shotski Member

I run about 800 sheets of 8.75 X 11.5 12 up bussiness cards for about 10m bc's , I run them in 100's it takes some time but it works. How often would you be doing 1000 sheets?

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Thermography

Hi, I am a starting printer learning from a proffesional. Here what I do and what I know... Business cards are printed 4 up on 3.5x8.5 strips, means that you slice up 8.5x11 on 3 before you print, there are plenty of reasons for that, than you print with a lot of ink (Kompac dampener on your press will be a great help) and let the prints come in to directly in to thermograph...
    Try E-bay, there is a very prospective sellet that sells a press along with a therography machine, His nick is MIDWEST PRINTING, and name is ANDREW get in touch with him, work on the price, he may even be able to get you a little better price that that... Good luck.
    Roman.
    Here is the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AB-DICK-Press-T...5465350QQihZ019QQcategoryZ26249QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  6. Newbie

Newbie Member

Thanks for your help! I'm going to check it out.

7. ManassasRalph

ManassasRalph New Member

Newbie, I'm new to the group, but I've been producing Thermography (mostly business cards) for twenty years.

Call me (703-361-5007), and I'll try to answer your questions.

ManassasRalph