Straight Swap Heidelberg QM46-2 for Ryobi 3302m / Itek3985 - UK

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by tommy1772, Nov 3, 2014.

1. tommy1772

tommy1772 Member

Anybody out there interested in a straight swap for the above? I've had the press for about a year, but have only been trying to use it for the last few months, I just cannot get my head around it, so I would like the press that I have mostly used throughout my print career, namely a Ryobi 3302m / ITEK 3985 instead. Mechanically the press is all fine, the blast air may need some attention eventually, the motor was stuck until I took it apart and freed it all up again, it's been fine since, but I wanna be honest. It's a 1997 model Quickmaster QM46-2, think it's 30 odd millon impressions.. in good order.

Apart from that, it inks up fine, I've had a job out of it and the image printed nicely.. Took me ages to get my head around running it though...! I just want the press that I've always used and can get straight on and crack work off, I haven't got time to be trying to learn how to use this, there are so many adjustments for everything, which is good, but not when you don't understand half of 'em!

Failing that, has anybody got a Ryobi 3302m / ITEK 3985 for sale - in the UK? I'm based in Staffordshire..

2. tommy1772

tommy1772 Member

Just run a job on it, so it works and prints fine, but what a complicated animal! Think I'm getting my head around it, but I would still prefer a Ryobi 3302m if anybody wants to swap/sell one or PX?

3. Inky

Inky Senior Member

Funny!

Hi, I bought a 3302H as second machine to avoid wet trapping, but I sold it a bought a second QM, I just run the pair at the same time.

I'm the opposite to you I couldn't see how you could make any money using the Ryobi on low end jobs.

I don't know how your finding it here in the UK but I don't think I've many years left at the bottom end. Trade colour work is so cheap to buy even for the general public.