Stahl Folder Ti52 - Error 18

Discussion in 'Folders' started by toshirohissatomi, Feb 10, 2020.

1. toshirohissatomi

toshirohissatomi Member

Hi collegues,
    I work with PCB repair mainly Heidelberg Postpress, the Ti52 after some years normally presents the ERROR 18 and the owner needs to change the main board, SGM-3, I and other colleagues from other companies have been investigating the cause of this problem but nobody had success, we checked all components and was not find any damaged component.
    I'd like to know if someone had information about this hardware error... at the same I am ready to help collegues with issues about Postpress PCB repair..

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

Normally in Stahl TI52 Present error:

In the Services menu, press the F2 function button. The Mainten./Error log menu appears.

Open the error Log.

Let me know, if this fix it

3. toshirohissatomi

toshirohissatomi Member

Hi Chock,

Probably you are referring to new version similar to MCT... this error occurs in old version, that one with 7 segments display

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Blessing
    Details for Display with Seven segments display is attached

Attached Files:

5. toshirohissatomi

toshirohissatomi Member

Hi Chock,

Sorry for the late answer, I was not at the Lab, I was in the costumer testing a board. Tomorrow I will send a copy of technical description about the problem which explains about the missing 24V in relay K1 on the board.

Regards

Toshiro

6. toshirohissatomi

toshirohissatomi Member

Hi Chock,

The error message in the technical description is:
    upload_2020-2-11_23-18-50.png
    According to the description is caused by signal check-back from K2, it means missing 24V or wrong configuration in service mode.
    The configuration is ok and the missing 24V is not because the relay is not actuated, there is a kind of watchdog circuit that monitors other circuits from the board and in case of failure will not allow the release of 24V, will not active the relay K2. The challenge is to discover which components in the board would be responsible for this failure.

upload_2020-2-11_23-33-51.png

Regards

Toshiro

Attached Files:

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok Toshiro , where is the schematic appearing the coil for K2??
    Since you must know, some device like limit switch, or button can be interrupted the
    coil for K2, and by that reason does Not goes ON.

8. toshirohissatomi

toshirohissatomi Member

Unfortunately, there is no schematic for the board, this relay is on the board, but when I in Heidelberg I saw this error many times and the machine only come back to run when you change the board, I and other colleagues from other companies that work with PCB repair still didn't find the cause in the board, I don't believe is damaged component, I guess can be project error because after some years all boards presents this error and is necessary to replace the board

regards

Toshiro

9. adam burgess

adam burgess New Member

Hi I am ex Heidelberg, they cannot be repaired due to the problem part is obsolete. (k2 is a myth)I can use these for other issues so I am willing to buy any old/ damaged ones with error 18 for £80 english plus postage thanks.
    I do have both sgm2 and sgm 3 if anyone needs them but these are new and expensive

Thanks

Adam

10. toshirohissatomi

toshirohissatomi Member

Hi Adam I am ExHeidelberg too, I worked as a field service engineer and now I work repairing PCB from Graphic machines, this kind of error until today nobody as able to solve. I have other colleagues that work with PCB repair and they also didn't solve this problem, I follow the whole circuit and didn't find damaged component, seems to be some project error, similar to any value close to the limit in good conditions and after some years these values are changing and the board doesn't work anymore, but if you test all components will not find anyone damaged.

regards,

Toshiro