Spray powder buildup on Heidelberg DI Classic

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by planetzarcon, May 8, 2008.

1. planetzarcon

planetzarcon New Member

Hello!

Wondering if anyone is suffering from spray powder buildup on the second pass of longer run jobs. We are in the middle of running a 40,000 impression project (20,000 fronts, then running the sheets back through). We have to stop every few hundred sheets to wipe the spray powder off the blankets.

We are using a powder made in Japan by a company called Nikka Limited. The powder is called "Nikkalyco Type AS-100S". It's what we've used for years, and I'm wondering what everyone else out there is using, and if you are suffering the same symptoms as us.

Thank you!

2. whatnoziti

whatnoziti Member

I have a 5034 and this is a problem for us also. We tried several powders, and they all do the same. The real pain is that the powder build up on the blanket cuts down on plate life. It seems to create a scumming look to the printing.
    The only thing we have done is print one side, run it through our old ryobi with impression on to remove the powder then back it up. This can take alot of time on big runs.

3. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Hi,

Have you tried the Varn C230, this seems to run quite well on the QM DI.

Regards.

4. whatayanuts

whatayanuts Member

QMDI is built for short runs, it has allot of plastic in it so parts wearout faster.
    however turn your powder to 1 1/2 and the diles to about 1/3. do you have air to blow out the spraypowder 1st? plates last about 30k without spray, 5-6 k with spray. dont bother cleaning them they will usually scratch. usually this only affects the 1st unit. i use airtech 25 micron spray.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008