SM 102 Ink Servo Motor

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by heidelberg1972, Apr 10, 2013.

1. heidelberg1972

heidelberg1972 Member

Hi All: i just replaced a servo motor on my sm102 Cp 2000 console. But i am getting still getting an error. This is the order I done things. 1) Put key on zero at fountain. 2) Unplugged servo motor 3) closed key then opened back up 1/4 turn. 4) plugged motor in 5) Rebooted Press. But I am still getting Ink Zone Malfunction.

Please Help!!

2. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi,
    The mechanical setting are correct as you had done, but before you install the new servo motors, you have to bring them to zero position too. In this case, connect the new one to distributor board FZK, turn ON the machine. Then press (-) push button of desired motor to reach the zero position. I usually put the fine adjustment position to the middle.

Good luck,

3. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Your very close on your process but there are a couple of things you should do different. 1) Set ink keys to zero position via cpc 2) Turn machine off 3) Remove servo from ink fountain and unplug. 4) Plug new motor in leaving it hanging, not mounted 5) Turn on machine 6) Confirm new motor is in zero postion via cpc. 7) Manually close key completely with a screwdriver and turn back 3/4 of a turn (not 1/4) 8) Mount ink key to the fountain and your done..

4. heidi_helper

heidi_helper Member

Ours did that too. Turns out after years of people poking liners ink built up in the keys. Those tiny motors can't handle much resistance. If thats the case do not attempt to take the keys out to clean without consulting a mechanic. There are important things to know.

5. PTK

PTK Member

that are Heidelberg :) follow exheidmech and you are fine

6. Hters

Hters Member

The spindle on that zone is dirty/sticky. If the problem persists after you followed exheidmech's advice, have it looked at.

Ters.

7. PTK

PTK Member

Yes you still get problem if you don't clean the Spindle bets you clean the all moving or mechanical parts.