Slight double on 50# stock

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Jack liston, May 14, 2022.

1. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

Hello gentlemen I am experiencing a slight double on the outside edge on 50# stock cd 74 it is happening on transfer cylinder and only on ds not affecting heavier stocks any input appreciated double is only sideways .

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Im assuming that because its a 74 that your running short grain stock??? If your cutting your stock down in house from a larger long grain sheet, you may want to consider buying your paper long grain finished size if available. If not available you can purchase your paper in 38"x50" size, and quarter it to be able to run it correct grain. Considering that the CD was really designed for heavier substrates, it does not surprise me that a 50lb sheet is doubling a bit. Any doubling situation would usually point first at gripper settings. This of course assumes that youve ruled out problems with your stock, and its grain.

asem alsafady likes this.
  3. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

HELLO Tom thanks for your comment. With supply chain issues I guess they are using whatever is available/ paper is not what it used to be.