Side pullers malfunction, SM74-2PH, 2004

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Andriy Kravchenko, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Andriy Kravchenko

Andriy Kravchenko New Member

Hello!

We bought a SM74 press and now it's being installed. While entering and confirming the paper size and confirming it, the side pullers must run to the specified positions. But they both move to the OS. When I try move them manually (from the CP2000) they still move to the OS only no matter which side I try them to move to. So now they both stuck on the left extreme and won't move anymore.

I checked all connections, including the encoder socket. Didn't help.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Beguin

Beguin Senior Member

hi dear sir could you please show us some pictures because i am not following you. thank you cordially

3. Andriy Kravchenko

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and will post them.

4. Beguin

Beguin Senior Member

thanks very much

5. Andriy Kravchenko

Update. The issue resolved. The plugs in the electric box were connected incorrectly. After connecting them in the right sockets the pullers started to work.

One more question. Are the motors of the side pullers have to be calibrated as I suspect they might lost their 'zero' position and may go into the wrong positions? If so how can we do this calibration? Thanks!

6. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Yes sir there is a procedure to do that , the zero position is the midlle of the machine

7. Adil

Adil Senior Member

you must enter the dimensions of the sheet correctly and start moving the side guides afterwards if it is not well positioned you must disconnect the tachometer and measure half of the sheet then move the side guide in a way to have the same distance between the center of the machine and the side guide add 5 mm more reconnect the tachometer and voila (this one is basic if you want to have the adjustment procedure according to the basic position and the tension of the tachometer I will be at your service)
    good luck