Seal coater issue

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by metalheart, Mar 23, 2013.

1. metalheart

metalheart Member

We have a LS 40 6 color with seal coater. The problem were have is we cannot get the seal coat forward enough on the sheets. We are maxed out of adjustment on the screen.

Is there a way to mechanically jump the cylinder forward or adjust so it would coat more forward on the sheet?

2. proslack

proslack Member

Your coating blanket cylinder should be synced with your impression cylinder and start to transfer coating on the sheet after the gripper offset of the sheet. Apprx. 12.5mm. If your blanket has coating on the lead edge, and your sheet is not accepting coating till a later distance, it is possible to adjust the coating cylinder mechanically. When doing this I was shown to make a pointer from a piece of paper and spray mount the pointer on the blanket cylinder bearer and some witness mark on the outside of the cylinder to gauge the movement of the cylinder. I cannot remember how to tell you to make the mechanical adjustment. It was 7 years ago when the company I was with, had a new LS540 installed. The coater impression sync was something we checked on initial printing impression tests.

This is not considered an "operator adjustment" not to be polly anna about it but you may want to schedule a komori technician and try and take care of a few issues in one day if you have the time to spare.