Ryobi 512 Presses

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by Color Printing Forum Admin, May 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

This thread is for general discussion of Ryobi 512 Presses.

Please post:
    • interesting information sources on 512 presses.
    • photos that you would be willing to share of 512 presses, overviews or specific parts photos
    • diagrams, or any other useful or interesting information that you can share.
    • general 512 information
    • 512 tips & tricks
    • 512 resources
    (For specific questions, please start a new thread with a separate detailed title and description.)

2. starprinting

starprinting Member

Ryobi 512

Hi there, I own a print organisation in the North West of England, in Nelson, a small town in Lancashire. I started off with a Ryobi 512 at the age of 24, with a Parker Flip Top UV Print Down Frame, an EBA 550 guillotine and a Faltex folder, this was in 2002.
    The 512 was a fantastic machine to learn on, altough it couldn't cope with four colour work, I found it to be excellent on 2 colour work. I was always stripping it down as it was always giving me problems such as pressures kept on going on, problems with registration and colour and ink balance, but then again I went into the game with no experience what so ever. And most of my problem were with printing rather than mechanics on the press.
    In 2007 I invested in a 524H, Heidelberg Topsetter, MBO folder, Wholenberg Guillotine, and a 2000 Duplo collator and booklet maker system. Along with three weeks of training of an ex demonstrator. And I'm not looking back now, my advice to anyone who wants to start off in printing is get a press you can get used to and learn as much about its engineering and mechanics before buying something for £50-60,000..