Ryobi 3302M 2nd Head Printing Moved Downward

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by pspatil, Oct 4, 2011.

1. pspatil

pspatil Member

Hi,I have Ryobi 3302M with Kompac Dampening. I am facing problem regarding
    1) I feel That machine is running Jam
    2) 2nd Colour Head (Delivery End) moves downwards slowly. (after 200-300 Sheets it moves 2 mm downwards). If I re-Register it, then also after 300 sheet it moves downwards.
    3) When I apply Wash solution on blanket to Clean the Blanket, Almost 75% wash solution sticks with Plate. Is there anyone expert, please advice me how to Fix this Issues. Becasue of this I am not able to print 4 Colour Jobs.

2. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Lets cover the basics first. What blankets and underpacking are you using? Thickness of each and total thickness? And unit #1 is ok? On the operator side there a dial for each unit that sets plate to blanket pressure. Be sure that hasn't spun somehow on #2 comparing it to the setting on #1. If these checkout ok the #2 unit might be stuck on impression. Take off the operator side covers and take a look at the linkage. Look carefully at each unit's impression linkage and see if something is jammed, stuck or broken. Does the #2 unit stay on impression all the time? Any change when you decrease the blanket to impression cyl pressure turning the knob marked 0-3? Hopefully you spot something.

3. pspatil

pspatil Member

Thanks FFR428, It's Not issue of UnderPacking to Blanket. I have Observed the Linkage carefully and came to know that my machine's Blanket cylinder not Releasing Pressure when running Without Paper. It seems something Jam where the Blanket cylinder Releases It's Pressure with Plate Cylinder. If I pushed the Linkage manually downwards then only It releases It's Pressure. Now I came to know why the Wash solution sticks with Plate, But Still I am not sure How to Fix this.

4. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Then it sounds like the solenoid for the #2 imp cyl is stuck on and just needs to be cleaned hopefully. You should be able to follow the linkage and find it. They can become oil soaked (even though there's a small angled shield over them) and stick on impression. With the power off and press unplugged you need to remove a few arms and clips to get at it. The center part should lift out and be cleaned. Let me know if you can't find it. I'll try to explain better later.

5. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Hopefully here's a pic of the solenoid if I uploaded it correctly. This is for #2 unit by the deleivery end. This part is to the right of the rear jogger adjustment knob on the operator side. Remove the large cover under the console and you'll see it.

Attached Files:

6. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Ok now where you see the sliver clip in the right side of the picture. That clip needs to be removed and you slide the arrow shaped center of the solenoid out. Wipe it down and clean with only contact cleaner safe for electrical parts. Reinstall and this should bump #2 off impression. Remember to unplug the press first!! They get oil on them from the central lube and #2 does not have a shield it seems. At least this press didn't have one. If it's not this then you might need to contact your local service guy. The solenoid itself might need to be replaced or something else is wrong. But normally when a unit is stuck on impression cleaning this will fix it.

7. pspatil

pspatil Member

Ryobi 3302M

Thanks FFR428. I will check all the things as per your instructions and let you know the observations. I think tere is some confussion regarding Machine issues
    1) Printing moves downwards is the issue of 2nd head (delivery end)
    2) wash solution sticks with Plate is issue of 1st Head (Feeding Side)
    3) Machine runs Jam is issue of Overall Machine.
    Thanks. Any more suggessions Please Post.

8. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Ok do the hand levers engage the off-water-ink-impression-print on every step? Or is one jammed on a step and this is what you mean by running jammed? If you could explain that a little more it would help.

And are you using auto blanket washers or cleaning them by hand?

The image moving downward problem I understand but do not know the answer yet. But I'll be talking with a tech bud of mine and see what he has to say on that. Are you plate clamps working ok and what kind of plate do you run metal or poly, this I will need to know.

9. pspatil

pspatil Member

Many Thanks FPR428
    I disenguage the hand levers at every step (While Cleaning Blanket / Plate).
    I feel Machine Runns Jam because Motor+All Gears makes Little Noise (Even when Lubricated) So I feel that Machine Runs Jam. Specially when I start machine at Morning.
    Auto Blanket Cleaning Device is not available with My Machine so I am cleaning Blanket by hand (Manuallay)
    Mostly I am using Ployster Plates (95%) and only 5% I use Metal Plates.

Hope I have have provided the information asked by you, and waiting for solution.
    Once again thanks for your Valuable attention and Prompt reply.

10. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

You need to tighten your adjustment screw for your vertical adjustment knob its located on the op side of the blanket cylinder from the rear you should be able to inch the press around till you see it. It has a corkscrew like mechanism on it that enables your knob to move the image up and down you need to tighten the nut thats right below it on a bolt and this should keep your image from moving on you but if its to tight you won't be able to adjust it up or down so you just gotta go a little at a time till you get it just right let me know if this helps ya with that. As for your press running on jam makes no sense to me if it was reading jam it wouldn't turn on let alone let you run a job, clean sensors, check all form rollers it sounds to me like your running the rollers gear driven instead of friction, check all roller pressure make sure they are factory specs you could have some coned rollers

11. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Thank you. That's what I was trying to find out. I had the same thing happen years ago but couldn't remember the fix. I wasn't able to reach my bud who's a tech guy over the last few days. So I was hoping someone else knew what it was too.

12. pspatil

pspatil Member

Thanks ziggy33 anf FFR 428. Will you please do a favour for me? If You can give me the photograph (What ziggy33 wants to say) i can fix this problem. I am facing so many problems due to this issue. please help me.
    Thanks once again for your co operation and hope you will provide a photograph for same.

13. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

I write everything down that the tech does so we don't have to pay for him to come do a simple fix. If you give me your email i will be more than happy to send you a picture its to big to place on here

14. pspatil

pspatil Member

15. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Sent you an email with the picture hope it helps ya out

16. pspatil

pspatil Member

Sorry ziggy33, But still I am waiting for your E-Mail for Photograph.

17. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

okay i resent it to the gmail account hopefully you receive it now

18. pspatil

pspatil Member

Hi Ziggy........ I have done it...... the right solution provided by you.......now printing do not move.....thanks....

19. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

glad to help a fellow printer out