ryobi 2800cd

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Patti, Oct 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Patti

Patti New Member

Ok, I've been out of offset printng for about 10 years and am trying to help a friend who inherited a little print shop.....
    where's the impression adjustment for rollers? I had a terrible ink build up in the crestline and couldn't remember where to adjust....
    no book to speak of either.
    I used to run a 3200MCD, the 2800 and QM2 and have forgotten where the adjustments are on the 2800.
    I've also forgotten fountain solution percentage. There were using faucet water in a town with bad calcium content so I'm fighting that too.
    However, this overtoning on the blanket and impression adjustment are kicking my butt!
    I also can't remember how to change the speed.....
    Any help would be awesome!:confused:

2. bigpoppa67

bigpoppa67 Member

form roller adjustments

1st make sure you mount a plate and ink up the rollers. When you engage the operation lever to position 2 or move it to the right one click the two stripes you see are the form roller stripes. To adjust them there are two locknuts on each side of the press. Two on operator side-two on gearside. You loosen the lock nut with a t-type wrench. Then, adjust the pressure by turning the pressure adjustment nut using a wrench. Counter clockwise is increasing the pressure---clockwise is decreasing the pressure. The stripes should be 3.0mm wide all the way across. We use Nikken mark x fountain solution at a mixture of 2 1/2 ounces to a gallon of water.

3. bigpoppa67

bigpoppa67 Member

water form

There are two screws that stick straight down under your water tray. These adjust water form to plate. There should be a 3/16" stripe from this roller to plate. Loosen the nut and adjust the screwws clockwise for more pressure ----conter for less. Chrome to form should be 3/16" also . You adjust that with screws at each end of chome roller clockwise more pressure --- counter to lessen.