Role Playing Game designer, in final draft - looking for bookbinding/press options

Discussion in 'Book Binding' started by Dadaist, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Dadaist

Dadaist New Member

Hi, I've been drafting a role-playing game for four years straight now, and its in the final draft stage. I was asking around but haven't gotten many satisfactory answers and web searches aren't what they used to be. I was looking at HP indigo options but their page wasn't giving a price tag easily so I started googling on that. That's what led me here. I not only need decent print capabilities but also bookbinding self-service as well. I aim to use Kickstarter once the final draft is finished and I have a US copyright secured so I can safely describe the more interesting and salable points of my game. I have around 20k in savings to add to the Kickstarter situation, but I also need to pay illustrators because even though I am gifted at illustration myself, its too time consuming to even make one illustration of printable quality. So, can anyone give me leads on my low-end to mid-range options are? If you are not familiar with the grassroots traditions of RPG's, the RPG company typically produces small prints that they then distribute as samples to all the local game shop booths at gaming conventions across the country. They then take orders from the game shops that are interested, and print up those orders for them. This creates grassroots distribution and gets your name out there if your product is of decent quality. I am aware there are a lot of games on Kickstarter, but their issue is the quality of their game. Not only have I been designing my game full-on for four years, but I am taking the viewpoint of the cinema artiste and have been designing amateur games which I played with friends since the early 80's, five of which were highly popular with my buddies.