QMDI 46-4 feeder Control panel is not working and press can only run not production.

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by ABDI, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ABDI

ABDI Member

Dear Friend
    I am new friend to the forum,I need really help if possible, help with used QMDI 46-4 pro. I brought from France, making installation by my self as there are no knowledgable engineers, thinking istalation went fine with me but when I turned it on:
    1-On the main control panel the feeder sign flashing, production button not lit, feeder control panel no single button responds pressing except the Emer.stop.
    2-feeder lift up/down button not working
    3- the production button not lighting up.
    i thank you in advancee

2. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

I would like to assist although it would be difficult at best. My recommendation is to find a technician who is familiar with the QMDI.

3. ABDI

ABDI Member

Dear Paul Cavanaugh
    thanks for your response.
    unfortnately, in ths side of the world there is no QMDI technician.
    pls help me out if you have got any clue what may be wrong with.
    I got used to eun QM 46-2, Heidelberg SOR.

4. mightyandy

mightyandy Senior Member

If this is a new install are you sure the phases are wired correctly? you should be able to check rotation of the compressor pump.

5. ABDI

ABDI Member

Dear Mightyandy
    Thanks for response. The rotation of the compressor pump is fine, I can perfectly start the press by pressing the run button, but I cannot move the feeder either way Pile up/Pile down, nor can I put on/off the compressor this means no blast air and suction air even at standstill press, also, I cannot select the neither secondary and feeder control panels. Please help with any suggestions.

6. jan

jan Senior Member

1-feeder control panel no single button responds pressing except the Emer.stop.
    Check if you connected 11X1 on 11X44 on UFK2 board, and 11X03 from MID (press display on feeder), to EWM3-X8, this one is not connected on Classic and Plus, but on the Pro is conntrrolling MID.
    In general, check again all connectors you have connected by the installation.
    good luck
    Jan

7. jan

jan Senior Member

1-feeder control panel no single button responds pressing except the Emer.stop.
    Check if you connected 11X1 on 11X44 on UFK2 board, and 11X03 from MID (press display on feeder), to EWM3-X8, this one is not connected on Classic and Plus, but on the Pro is controlling MID.
    In general, check again all connectors you have connected by the installation.
    good luck
    Jan

8. ABDI

ABDI Member

Dear Jan
    Thanks for your advice, I disconnected/reconnected X11B3, O/S near the feeder side, then I got the LED lights on, then I checked whole connections that I did by the installation and found that yellow connectors of SVK-4 gone to SVK-41 and vise-versa, then everything matter resolved. I think my press is more likely to be plus version. QMDI 46-4 991574 2001.
    Thanks again, good to know someone out there to help when needed the most.
    Best Regards.
    Abdi

9. jan

jan Senior Member

991 595 18.06.2001, was the last Plus HD made, so yours is definitly Plus version.
    sorry for late answer,
    I was on holidays
    rgds
    Jan

10. Polo Reyna

Polo Reyna New Member

Do somebody can help with a problem I have with my HEIDELBERG QUICK MASTER DI-46-4‏? The chopper resistor is getting red hot after we turn ON the machine... Machine work fine, but HEIDEMBERG suggest to check the BLT1 module... do you know somebody that can verify this module? or do somebody had this problem before?