Printing White, Spot UV, Foli Blocking, etc. on offset presses

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by hank_scorpio, Aug 19, 2010.

1. hank_scorpio

hank_scorpio Member

Can anyone clarify if Spot UV and Foil Blocking is done inline on a printing press. Any printing press.

AND the possibility of printing an opaque white with offset, whether it's litho or flexo, which is more likely and how often is this done.

Thanks

2. hank_scorpio

hank_scorpio Member

I should clarify - the opaque white has to print onto a silver substrate

3. Data

Data Senior Member

Yes

Dont know about any, you have to speak to the unit/press suppliers

Yes

Litho and flexo / everyday

edit....Just to clarify i'm only talking about uv products on B1/B2 litho and flexo. Inline foiling for Litho has a limited colour selection

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010

4. print101

print101 Senior Member

We run a Heidelberg CD102 and print opague white all the time on metallic paper. It works well, you just have to work closely with the ink guys so they can formulate the ink to dry as there is no absorbtion. Our flexo side is all UV inks so we have no issues there at all.

Spot UV can be done on a press like ours (CD102), on the second coating unit we are able to run a polymer plate with the image and apply the UV. Normal conventional inks but with a primer on the first coater unit. Spot UV is a breeze on the UV Flexo side.

To foil inline with offset I have heard of an adaption you can get that convert a print unit to foil, seen it in mags but not ever tried or seen in real life. Foiling inline on our flexo side is no problem, our machine is equiped to handle all that.