Printing pressure too high

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Waqas_zahid, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Waqas_zahid

Waqas_zahid Senior Member

Just recently faced an unusual fault of printing pressure too high for 10 unit of CD 102 6 LYYLX machine, some how the lateral timing motor of unit 6 disappeared from the software and created a miss match between the physical addresses of motors on SSR back plane and the addresses in the software. Consulted Heidelberg and we were told this fault is faced because of earth leakages. Anyone has any idea about this? Funny thing is they told us software is ok, though I think we need a new installation since it seems corrupt.

2. LLS northwest uk

LLS northwest uk Senior Member

I dont think this will be caused by earth leakage we get alot of cpc units showing earth faults in the UK they never cause any problems. has the unit six pressure motor come back on the cpc now? if it has all you need to do is reset the servo motor for the pressure on that unit just get a measure of one of the other units and match it to that should only take an hour

3. Waqas_zahid

Actually the lateral timing motor of unit 6 has completely disappeared from the screen, this motor was controlled by SSK4 board which was also controlling the printing nip motor of unit 10, in the diagnosis tab instead of leaving a vacant slot for this motor the software shifted all the motor's below the lateral timing motor, up by one address. We discovered through testing that the physical connectors for the SSK boards on SSR back plane define the address of a particular motor, say for e.g flat cable connector X45 is reserved for unit 8 diagonal motor. The software on the other hand has no way of identifying which slot has which kind of motor attached to it, it has it's own addresses and it just assumes that only a particular type of motor will be attached to the physical location the software address is corresponding to. In case of address mismatch a motor mismatch will also occur you will get errors like,potentiometer voltage not plausible, which in our case caused the printing pressure too high error.

4. LLS northwest uk

If thats the case then your software has got to be corrupt just make sure when heidelberg re install it that they do not put you the newer version software on because that can cause other problems

5. Waqas_zahid

yeah, I told them the same. The local agents here for Heidelberg said that they have received documents through which they are going to check and restore the software. The old software was better though, we had an upgrade some 7 months ago.

6. LLS northwest uk

We came across an issue with one of our customers 102cds they had the upgrade done to the same software version as there cd74 and they lost alot of icons of there screen it basically the wrong software for that machine ..I would ask them to put the older software back on and I could pretty much guarantee that you would not get any issues again.

7. Waqas_zahid

Well we later discovered that this problem is caused by a faulty pneumatic switch for lateral distribution present in the 6th Unit... Quite strange I must say.

8. LLS northwest uk

now that is odd