Printing envelopes

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by 4 color GTO, Apr 22, 2009.

1. 4 color GTO

4 color GTO Member

I was just wondering, I tape up my impression cylinders in the low areas just like I was raised to do 30 years ago. Are there any new tricks, packing or blankets to make thing easier???

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

You could just use old blankets then you can put a bit more back pressure on. When you have finished put the good blankets/ packing back on. A bit easier than struggling to put tape on the impression cylinders.

3. Printer Mike

Printer Mike Member

I run blanket patches when possible(using spray mount adhesive {spray the patch away from the press to avoid a mess}). If I have to run a full blanket, I raise the blanket surface only in the image area, using blanket fix or metering roller cleaner. That way, minimum overall pressure gets the job done without ruining blanket/blankets. Been doing it that way for over 30 years with excellet results.

4. dclgraphics

dclgraphics Member

5. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Blanket fix! You can buildup the areas as needed. Use minimal pressure slowly adding more till you get a nice impression. It should hold as long as you don't get a jam or suck a double.