Print Master 74 Fault codes

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by m_alatorre, Jun 19, 2012.

1. m_alatorre

m_alatorre Senior Member

Hello everyone,

We have a used 2007 PM74P. I've using it with no problem until yestarday that we tried the perfector for the first time.

I believe that we followed the process from staight to perfecting acording to manual but when finished it showed yellow fault code EFS. I would let me run the press like always.

Then we ran a couple of sheets and stopped press with the sheets inside just to visually inspect sheet travel thru the storage drum and the perfecting drum(just to make sure its well set up)

It then showed the P23 fault code(missing sheet) and it wont go away. I was suggested to clean the sensors that control missing sheets wich i already did but code stays. Only solution is to turn the press off and on again. I just don't believe that's how it should be corrected...

Any ideas? could the two fault codes be related? Has that happend to enyone?

Thanks in advance

Moe

2. HeidelbergKid

HeidelbergKid New Member

Hi Moe,
    The 'EFS' is a Fault detected during the check of the safety switches. Change over to the service display "Safety test" and check the safety switches. The chances are that it is the sheet travel monitor has a fault and needs repairing/set.

3. jmt

jmt Senior Member

you just have to open the door on the side of the press where you can take out anysheets that have fallen in press and close it .that will take the error away.