Possible Bad Cyan Toner

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by ThomiGen, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ThomiGen

ThomiGen Member

Has anyone had problems with cyan? I have changed developer to remedy some bad quality but now I think that it was the toner.

2. gheboy

gheboy Member

hi,

we got some toner quality issues recentlly but not on cyan we had it on black and yellow, black caused overtoning making the stocks dark gray. we found out that its sticky, we have to flush and clean the station pretty good. make sure you shake and turn the container before changing toner, if it creates some kinda air bubble inside i guess its good. looks like xerox has some bad toner production lately.

3. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

I've had a bad batch of black toner months ago. Would cause a random fine black streak that would go edge to edge in the process direction for an also random amount of sheets.

Took about a week to solve after replacing black dev a few times and actually putting in a whole new unit....

Then my techs get the email saying "batch so and so has been contaminated".

They sent me batch so and so.

Problem was solved when the toner wasn't contaminated lol. Weird how that works.

4. peels

peels tree killer :)

could this be my big magenta blobs problem? I wonder... we shall see.