Polar Mohr EMC 137 -- error code 92

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by ATL_Paper_Cut, Aug 5, 2014.

1. ATL_Paper_Cut

ATL_Paper_Cut New Member

Hello ! Hi!

I have an Polar Mohr EMC 137 and my cut operator keeps getting a error code 92. I am new at this warehouse and operator tells me the only way to get around this is to reboot the system.

He reboots the system and then gets only about 2 cuts until the machine error's out again.

I looked on line for an Error Code list but was unable to find anything, i am guessing this is some propriety information that's not given out freely.

Er go , my posting in this forum.

Any information to help solve this problem would be amazing.

thanks !

2. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Hi!
    The error 92 is regarding the safety bolt. In case the operator is pushing the cut buttons the clamp is working fine, but the knife does not start.
    This is not a difficult error. Either the safety bolt is mechanically not correct moving or the switch for the unlocked position does not work correct.

I would ask binderytech.com about a reliable service tech in your area.
    Coloured paper

3. ATL_Paper_Cut

ATL_Paper_Cut New Member

Had the local Heidelberg service tech call me yesterday,

He had me oil up the bolt, it was very tight in the sleeve on the back of the blade housing . He said with the how hot the weather had been this summer, we lost all of the lube on the bolt itself. ( please correct me if i am using wrong terminology )

[​IMG]

this is not my machine ( but the box with 2 screws on it on the far left side of the image near top of image )

it now moves through the sleeve a lot easier and has no friction. have not had the error 92 since lubrication was applied.

thanks for all the help !

4. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Hi!

I found the picture you were talking about. You are right, the two slotted screws on the left side are for the cover of the safety bolt.

The reason of your problem was like you explained. After years and years of working with the machine the lubrication was gone. You lubricated the big bolt. It will work for a while (some years) until the oil gets sticky.

The reason why I wanted a service engineer visiting your plant was because of safety. You are obviously a technical experienced and brave person. You could have done a lot of things wrong with the result of an unsafe or broken machine. Via the internet where it is hard to determent how smart all readers of my comments are, this would be a high risk to help.

I am glad to hear that everything is working fine now.

Good luck
    Coloured paper