polar error 603

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Richard 777, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Richard 777

Richard 777 Member

We are having an intermittent problem where error 603 knife position error occurs. The message says wind up the cutter. We have discovered that the only way to clear the error is to turn the cutter off for about 1 to 2 hours. Winding the cutter to the top doesn't help. Has anyone ever had this issue

2. SanjayB

SanjayB Member

Machine model and serial number?

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir Good day
    this error 603 is caused: After Start of cutting or during cutting, the message is coming if the possition
    of electrical lower dead centre and knife pulse counter are NOT plausible to each other.
    The knife movement is interrupted or NOT permitted for safety reason.
    1)test fuse F3 of voltae supply from MHS board (Knife upstroke control)
    2)knife upstroke control defective, measure the voltages +24+5VDC
    3) Check the grounding for frequency converter
    4)Cable route or bus connection/knife upstroke control-SAP-cpXX
    5)Check- replace Board SAP-CPxx

Attached Files:

4. Richard 777

Richard 777 Member

Hi,
    the model is 78es and the serial is 7061053

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Did you fix it ?
    Did you follow the steps mentioned before?

6. Richard 777

Richard 777 Member

I think there is a defective part and I suspect either a board or the part on the gear box for position. The machine works perfectly for many hours and then will stop working and display the error 603. My problem is if I order the wrong part I will have to keep it. Do you know which would be the first part to try.

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Good day sir
    You did NOT reply to my question.
    You did the Step that i did mention before?
    Did you use the Schematic Diagram for to Test ???
    Again:
    1)test fuse F3 of voltae supply from MHS board (Knife upstroke control)
    2)knife upstroke control defective, measure the voltages +24+5VDC
    3) Check the grounding for frequency converter
    4)Cable route or bus connection/knife upstroke control-SAP-cpXX
    5)Check- replace Board SAP-CPxx

In shot I can not Give you a correct answer if You do not test the steps before: Since there are many options: a)MHS board b SAP Board c) CPU board d) Transformeer TR1 for Polar 78 ES, like you have e)SK board ??
    Now I hope you can understand very well, who is the situation, By that reason Please use Your Common Sense, that is the Best Invaluable Tool, for Troubleshooting.

8. Richard 777

Richard 777 Member

Step 1 - Fuse f3 is good. Step 2 - the upstroke control seems OK. The machine works perfect for sometimes up to a couple of days and then stops and displays the error. Then if it is turned off for 1 to 2 hours it usually just starts working again. Step 3 the grounding is OK. Step 4 - I checked all the wires and connections and they seem to be OK. Step 5 - I re-seated and cleaned all the boards with contact cleaner. When the problem happens nothing appears to be wrong but when you press the cut buttons the input leds on the sap board function correctly but none of the output leds turn on. When you let the cut buttons go the error 603 comes on the screen. This makes me think there is a board problem but i'm not sure.

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    As you must understand the power supply is the Blood in any Machine, like the blood is in the Human being =LIFE
    in his machine POLAR 78es: Please TEST the following Boards when the Problem occurs Inmediately use a Good DMM with excelent precission like FLUKE:
    1) Board KAp : a) +8vDC b) +25Vdc c)+24Vdc See The LEDs in that moments V8+V9+V10+V11+V12 what is happening
    2) Board G1: A)+24Vdc b)+12Vdc c)+5Vdc
    All this Voltages Feeds to ALL electronic boards like: MHS +SK+SAP+CP+KC, etc
    If one of the Voltages is Missing you must Replace the board or boards from Power supply.
    The problem is the power supply can be Reheating by Hot, Please measure the Input of his machine and Main panel from the Building who'sto Feed the Machine, and see how is voltages variation the Range will be +-10% NOT more, if there are Adjust the TAP of Transformer of machine and Vice versa.
    The tolerances for Power supply in the board is very Strictly with POLAR example in the board +5vd for to feed board CP+KC, etc
    if the Voltage goes or measure 5.7 is Faulty will be NOT more 0.5% TOLERANCE + -, must replace the power supply. The componentes IC regulator can be Faulty for defective.
    Please Do not confuse with the fact that LEDs, CAN BE LED ON, BUT is NOT Signal that Power supply is o.k to due the TOLERANCE, use or install IF necessary some Fans, for to ventilates the power supply section, this will be do a GREAT job in a LOT of situation.
    If the Voltages are o.k in the moment that fault is appear, the board with LEDs, Not showing the o.k signal is defective and replace. you must see for MHS, and SK( cutting circuit in the case for POLAR 78es) see his schematic diagram.
    Let me know

10. ryobiTech

ryobiTech Member

When this happens, gently tap the SK board with the handle of a screwdriver, There are two small relays on the board which can be faulty. If the fault resets staight away then replace the 2 relays. They are available form RS.

11. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

My colleague is talking for Small Relays k1+k2+k3. in SK board, they work with +24Vdc.
    However this is NOT good practice. In any cases is better to replace the complete Board.
    Please follow the step above mentioned.In that way you must sure What is going on in the machine
    with the power supply, etc.
    Otherwise you must waste time+money, and Will not Fix it the machine.
    Let me know with the test.

12. ryobiTech

ryobiTech Member

Not good practice?? I have repaired several of these boards and I find its very good practice as the boards are very expensive.

13. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Well the customer has the last word according 2 things: 1) Security + 2) Economical Conditions.