Polar 92em display problem

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Gordy1, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Gordy1

Gordy1 New Member

Help please
    We have had since new a Polar 92em - When we usually switch on - we can enter a measurement using the keypad which you can see on the right hand display. If you then press the = pad the middle display will show that measurement and the back gauge will move to that value.
    Now - the middle display does not come on and the back gauge will not move. The auto buttons on the keyboard will also not move it. We can however move the back gauge by manually turning the front knob.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Gordy

2. NimeshSilva

NimeshSilva Senior Member

Hi,
    Tell me if the machine is doing this,
    Few seconds After you've turn on the machine, it should show the current backgauge position on the middle display. If not, you press the center button of the hand wheel and the backgauge should begin to move slowly. Then by passing the middle of the table. It should change the direction and come forward. Then the display should come on showing the position.

Is the machine doing that?

3. Mostafa omar

Mostafa omar New Member

Yes sir Ihad this problemHelp please
    We have had since new a Polar 92em - When we usually switch on - we can enter a measurement using the keypad which you can see on the right hand display. If you then press the = pad the middle display will show that measurement and the back gauge will move to that value.
    Now - the middle display does not come on and the back gauge will not move. The auto buttons on the keyboard will also not move it. We can however move the back gauge by manually turning the front knob.

Thanks and i tried your solve then it works corectely
    Thanks but i want to know what was the problem

4. merlingerin

merlingerin Member

Hello ,
    The paper cutter is a Polar Mohr 92 EM
    S/N is : 5711325 . The product year is 1987
    I switch the machine on. On the digits display I see on the right a dot. Then activated the backgauge movement by pushing the hand-wheel under the table. The backgauge is moving forward all the way up to the limit switch. Then come back and somewhere about the middle of the table it stops - finding the refference point. But the position in the display doesn't showes. The minicalculator works, I can put points to move and when I press two times = , the backgauge is not moving. I also can acces the programs and subprograms stored in WSP but same thing , no movement.
    In manual mode the backgauge is going forward and backward.

I suspect a problem in AR card. I am looking forward for your sugestions.
    Regards,
    Peter.

5. NimeshSilva

NimeshSilva Senior Member

Hi
    Can you see the dot in the middle display?
    Can you send a little video clip when the machine is turned on?

6. merlingerin

merlingerin Member

Hi,
    Yes, there is a dot in the middle display.