Polar 78X Line Light

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Impodave, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Impodave

Impodave Member

Hello. I have a Polar 78X. Great Cutter, probably the best I've ever used.
    I seem to go through line light halogen bulbs fairly frequently ( 6 weeks or so)
    Anyone else experiencing this ??
    Thanx.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

Normally the bulbs voltage is coming from the main transformer, in the secondary Tap, see his schematic diagrams electrical

2) for 6.Vca +9.5Vca. you must check according with his schematic.

3) Measure the voltage, if the voltage is Higher, adjust the tap, to the lower tap of main transformer in the secondary, or vice versa

4) However this is indication, that you have a Strong fluctuaction in the Main line of his paper cutter, adjust the Primary Tap in the main transformer, aaccording with his Input, in tolerance about 10% up or down. otherwise you must install stabilizer voltage transformer.

5) Example if you have 22oVca for his machine, and you have measure 230'240Vca, adjust to the next tap of the main transformer, if you are NOT familiar with the electricity/electronic, call to some Tech electrician or Some Engineer.

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

Normally they have 1 tap in the Primary main transformer for adjust the Voltage, they work with 220Vca,however look for his schematic diagrams electrical.

If the Voltage in his local, where his machine is installed, measure if is higher adjust to the Tap more Higher, example if you have 220Vca in your local, or 380 Vca, adjust to the next tap in the main transformer primary.

By other side, you must see if the tolerance Input of the machine are in 10% up or down, otherwise install Stabilizer transformer from POLAR, is good idea!!