Polar 78ed

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by jose, Jun 14, 2011.

1. jose

jose Member

We Have 2 Issues

1- Air Table Just Went Out Made A Vary High Pitched Noise And Shut Off Triped The Breaker, We Turned The Breaker On Worked For 5 Min Did Same Noise And Shut Off Again ....

2- Need To Adjust The Back Gauge About A 1/8 On The Left Side

Thanks ...

2. HPC

HPC Senior Member

Knowing what Polar charges, I'd pull the blower motor and send it out for rebuild, sounds like ya burned a bearing out on the motor. Its been too many years, for me to remember how to cock the backgauge, sorry I can't help ya on that.

3. FSA

FSA Senior Member

Jose
    yup i think you cooked a bearing or two in the blower. The back gauge, do you have slop in it or is it just out of wack? Slop I would be looking at the jibs, if it is just out of wack there are a couple large allen bolts to loosen and then set screws to adjust to square it, but there is a chance that if it has worked long and hard with little grease, the bed that the jibs ride on, is just worn out, if it's #3 get a new cutters.
    FSA

4. bobby

bobby New Member

I just repaced a set of bearing on a blower motor this past week. Any motor repair company can do it for you abt $100

as for the back gage if it is only one side as you stated (do you have a split back gage) that repair is simple. If not split check for play and tighten ,lube and keep gibs clean. Give a call if you have any ???'s
    bobby 754-245-0890 no charge we are all here to help each other p.s. Did you try to see if the blower motor will turn by hand take off the cover you should be able to move freely.

was it a high pitched sound or a high sounding humming check to make sure you didnt loose a phase the contactors do wear out over time