Polar 76 EM code 86 (and previously 88)

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Devo9er, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Devo9er

Devo9er New Member

Hello, I posted a few months back when I was having a problem with code 88 on our used 76em machine. We never did truly resolve that issue unfortunately, it periodically continued to happen on and off with no evidence as to why. We took out the safety bolt and inspected, cleaned etc..Seemed to work okay for a few months and now has gotten real bad again in the last few weeks. Now today. The machine is starting up on error 86 and we are completely unable to use. I did find another thread with some process of elimination but I don't understand what half of the terms mean because we don't have a manual or any diagrams. I want to check for +42 V on the cu 9.2 harness but I don't know where to find it. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I assume the two errors are somehow combined

Thanks in advance

2. TBSChris

TBSChris Member

Hi,

A fellow member on this forums, Coloured Paper, is an absolute genius with these machines. I am sure if he finds this thread he will solve the problem for you. In the meantime If you want to find the cu9.2 harness to check for the 42v line all you have to do is go to the back of the machine, looking at the back of the main board ( the one all the cards plug into) you will see a bunch of sockets with numbers written above them. Take care as the numbers are upside down and the 6 looks exactly like a 9 and they are side by side. The point you want to test is in socket 9, the wire in the top centre of the 9pin plug. you can just probe it through where the wire enters the socket without even removing it.

3. Rumle

Rumle New Member

Hi
    Here are the electric diagrams, they may help

Attached Files:

4. Diverse89

Diverse89 New Member

Hello. I have the same 86 problem. But I can not even start machine. Motor is working well, but when I'm pressing the 'On' button machine 'thinks' for a half of a second then 86 code displaying.
    I have read the thread: http://www.colorprintingforum.com/cutters-trimmers/polar-76-em-error-code-86-a-13042.htm, and have check the voltage on CU9.2 plug, but instead 42v it was around 60v. Is it crucial?
    LED V16 is Ok. For other solution, I can't even start cutting process.
    My machine have no light barriers, so I can't say anything about V18 LED (The LED is fine).

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    Good day Happy New Year
    1) Please test the CU unit: CU pins 1+8:+42Vdc-58 Tolerance, if You have 60Vdc something wrong is coming with the power Supply
    a) Test the Input for Trafo and adjust the Primary Tap in the Trafo: b) Measure the Output of trafo or secondary will be reading better and see if the Voltage in Vdc Bridge Rectifier is better or Remain Higher?
    If NOT repair or replace. Otherwise you will have the same Problem with the error 86.
    2) Please at the same time Test the power supply : for +5VDC in the PS5: jack pS5 1+2 Tolerance;5,08-5,12Vdc Otherwise replace or repair.
    3) the same for -12Vdc -30Vdc+ 24Vdc in CU unit. Tolerance must be in 0.7% up or down.
    4) However if All these power supply Voltages are O.k
    5) Please see the status for LED V14+V18 in the Board HK: Normally they must be OFF. if there are LIT, replace the Board HK!!