Polar 115EMC error 92

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by xlchjoe, Apr 22, 2016.

1. xlchjoe

xlchjoe Member

Good Morning,
    Our cutter developed an error 92 condition. Have no documentation and I am trying to understand what the "92" signifies. Looking around this site I found some reference to a tight Safety Bolt. Am I getting warm? Where is the bugger located?
    Thanks in advance,
    Joe Laskoski
    Wyndmoor PA

2. NimeshSilva

NimeshSilva Senior Member

Hi,
    Yes, you're correct. It is related to the safety bolt. When you press the cut buttons, the safety bolt should fully pull out and the sensor should see the collar at the end of the shaft with in 2 seconds. If not it will throw the error "92".

Check this,
    Go behind the machine and remove the safety bolt cover. You have 2 proximity sensors there to sense the 2 positions of the SB. both have LEDs to indicate the function. Tell somebody to press the cut buttons. Check whether the safety bolt fully pulls back and reach the sensor within 2 secs.

If the SB is taking time, a little lubrication will do. When you're doing, make sure to lubricate both the solenoid shaft and the large pin inside the machine frame. (Sometimes you may need to remove the SB to properly lubricate the large locking pin)

If the SB is not moving at all but you can move it by hand, then you have a series of checks to do.

And if all above are normal and sensor does not sense the collar on the shaft, you may try adjusting the sensor a bit. There should be 1-2mm air gap. If the gap is too much, make it a little closer.

If it's still not detecting, then you might need to replace the sensor.

Hope this helps

3. NimeshSilva

NimeshSilva Senior Member

Hi
    Seems you've solved the issue.