Please advise on the following digital presses from XEROX & KONIKA

Discussion in 'Other Digital Presses' started by andy0t, Apr 8, 2015.

1. andy0t

andy0t Member

Hi there,

Hi guys I'm based in England.

Okay were in the process of investing in either a new or used machine from 2 suppliers the suppliers are XEROX and KONICA

The machine we are looking into purchasing from Konica is the:
    Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro c5501 Digital Colour Press

We will only be doing short run jobs in house of business cards, lheads, cslips, flyers from quantities as low as 50 to 5000 being our maximum preferred in house run.

Can anyone give me advice on the Konica machine, such as it's reliability and any other factors such as print quality etc?

We are looking to buy on a click programme and have a meeting with konica on the 20th of this month.

The maximum thickness we need the capability to print on is 350 gsm coated or uncoated.

The other machine is a Xerox DocuColor DC 242 , i didn't like the way Xerox have made us jump through hoops to see a rep which we have not seen yet, and take over a week to respond to emails. I've almost given up so far with them, however can anybody advise on this machine or any similar machines that Xerox make.

The maximum thickness we need the capability to print on is 350 gsm coated or uncoated.

Please get in touch!

P.S!!!

We will require training on the best workflows, artwork prep, imposition, cutters, best paper sourcing and much more and we will pay for professional expert advice once we purchase the machine, so if you know about print. Please get in touch :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

These are both older model machines in the USA now. The KM 5501 offers better registration. The Xerox 242 offers easier maintenance and probably lower cost to run per print. The KM has a flatter toner look and the 242 has a glossier toner. It will slow way down on heavy or coated stock and can't anything beyond heavy1.

3. andy0t

andy0t Member

Ok thanks for the feedback, im also looking for a guillotine thats easy and can save commands, the grafik ones look good? What do you use if i may ask?