Oki c3400 prints look smeared

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Tarkeisher, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Tarkeisher

Tarkeisher New Member

51CE35AD-4517-43A5-BA89-B6275E278F9C.jpeg Can anyone tell me what could be the issue? Has anyone else had this issue with oki c3400

2. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

My word. where to start?

What substrate is that? IS the image fused properly? or is the toner flaking off?
    When is the last time your drums/developer were serviced?

I cant say i've ever seen anything quite this bad. This whole streaking/over toning issue just started recently? with this level of severity?

3. Tarkeisher

Tarkeisher New Member

The substrate is glossy laser paper. I cant say it is fused properly but when you rubbed it, no toner comes off. This started once I replaced the toner after it ran out. So I thought I had some bad toner, so I bought more toner and it still did the same thing. I have never replaced the toner units, just the toner. Thanks

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

well, did you replaced all the toners at once? This page looks like you pulled it out of the fuser after jam. Or it is really prints this bad every time? Did you buy genuine OKI toners or generics? Also, the way this printer works, is it adds toner from the toner cartridge in to Drum cartridge so even if you replaced the toner with genuine one, it will not have an immediate effect, the matter of fact it may not ever recover completely, unfortunately. The way this all "let me save on toner and buy some aftermarket cheapest thing on amazon" usually ends, you'd have to buy a original toner and a drum.

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

where are you located?

6. Tarkeisher

Tarkeisher New Member

I am located in Arkansas. The toners were generic toners. I had had never had issues with this printer and my gut was telling me that I had damaged the drums. I just didn't want to start buying new drums if the problem was something else. Can the drums be refurbished?