New business start-up help

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by jd2011, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jd2011

jd2011 New Member

Hello everyone, as you can probably tell, I am new. I am looking to start up a printing business, printing leaflets, posters, billboard posters and anything else I am contracted to do. I also wish to start sign writing, and doing vinyl work.

What I would like to know is what I need specifically to start up, and if anyone knows, where to hire the equipment from to start out until I can buy my own kit.

Any and all information will be a great help, as I am not a complete novice in the field but I am still far off being an expert.

Regards,

John D.

2. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

You're going to need a wide format Vinyl Plotter and a digital vinyl printer 40in+ roll size.
    Look into 'Roland' they seem to make a fair product. The company 'Fellers' sell a tremendous amount of supplies (however costly).
    you also need some aluminum and coroplast which you can get from a local supplier.

I work part time at a vinyl shop, and full time as a print production manager. I wish i could do more for you in the vinyl department..

3. plotter

plotter Senior Member

i have a roland camm pnc 950 for sale, which takes 610mm wide vinyl. It has a new blade and cutting strip and can be seen working. Looking for £380.00. Ive been printing for years but dont own a large format solvent printer as i dont have the work for it, they have to be used daily.
    if you have little to no experience of litho print i would farm any work out like that, you would need a colour copier for digital printing, dont bother with desktop laser, find a company and get a used machine on a click contract.

4. Jacki

Jacki Previous User

Nice sharing
    Thanks for sharing this and for a new business man this information is very important who wants to enters in the printing business.