Need help with printong compliment slips

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by libby@dmp, Dec 11, 2009.

1. libby@dmp

libby@dmp New Member

Hi all,
    I'm really hoping at someone can help me. I designed a compliment slip for our company based on the size of some blank compliement slips we have. the measurements are 210mm x 99mm. When it comes to printing them I'm having some isssues with placing it correctly on the paper. I'm always left with a large margin and some of the design cut off. We have an HPColourLaserJet CP1515n and I've tried using Adobe photoshop cs4, microsoft publisher & word. So far the best I've managed is using Microsift word and I've still been left with a 5mm gap to the left and 5mm cut off the right hand side of the design. Before it's suggested I have tried playing with the margins! HELP?!

2. easiprint

easiprint Member

Your problem is down to the limitations of laser printers. No laser printer to my knowledge can print the the edge of the paper. Even professional colour lasers such as the ones we use will leave a margin. The only way to print with full bleed as you require is to print on oversize paper and then trim them down to the required size. This is how printing companies such as ourselves do this. Alternatively, if you cannot get oversize paper, you can print them 2 up on standard landscape A4 paper and then trim them. Your final option of course is to send the file to a print company who will print them 6 up on SRA3 and then trim them for you.

Hope that helps.

Simon
    sales@easiprint.biz
    Printing in Cambridgeshire, UK