need help selecting new production printer

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by buck_lane, Dec 20, 2011.

1. buck_lane

buck_lane Member

Hello Everyone,

I am 100% new to these forumns and only slighty less green when it comes to production quality printing. I have been tasked with finding 2 new production quality printers for the various sales/marketing materials we ship out to our customers. We print most of our own small run items, but send anything in large quantity to our outside print contractor. Please forgive me in advance for i am unfamiliar with alot of the terms used here, although i am a seasoned IT pro.

We currently have a 5 year old phaser 7760 that works great for the most part, but is starting to break down fairly frequently. The boss has told me to find a replacement for the 7760 and a twin that can be placed in our branch office. I know we need to have tabloid size prints and the quality has to be good for the price ( between $5,000 and $8,000 ). We dont need to worry about anything that would play nice with macs, because we dont allow them, so pc only is fine.

I have looked at the phaser7800, but i have found no solid reviews about it, and my boss is a stickler for prooven technology ( and he also has an affinity for xerox ). I do not wish to go solid ink, as my cursory research shows that the quality is just not there. Please let me know if you need more info or have any recomendations, i would be greatfull for any help/advice that is offered.