1. mujumdarsubodh

mujumdarsubodh Member

Hello All,

I am Subodh from Pune, India. I am a Printing Technologist and currently running a startup called Papermint.

I wish to buy a entry level digital printer and have low budget since the volume of digital prints isnt much. I have evaluated workcentre 7500 series and found it satisfactory than KM Bizhub 220. The text (Converted to curves) reproduction of KM 220 was very disappointing (Printed bold unnecessarily) and I believe its because of no Rip. The text reproduction and overall quality of 7525 is good but afterall its 1200 X 2400 dpi machine and I am confused to decide whether to go for used DC 242 (2400X2400) or New WC 7525.

WC 7500 is also claiming to run 300 GSM and I even tested it but sceptical about the reliability of the quality of prints in the long run (Though under FSMA contract) since this is going to be a huge investment for me. also the rate per click is pretty high which would not allow me to run the machine as a jobber / print shop. I would have have to use the machine entirely for inhouse printing and sell the prints as converted products viz. Cards or Brochures.

I run about 1000 prints in a month and if I would have the printer I am sure the volume is going to increase.

Please advise what can be done or any other solution that comes in your mind.

Regards
    Subodh Mujumdar
    Papermint
    Pune (India)